EU agricultural policy, the common agricultural policy, has several objectives:
- It helps farmers produce sufficient food for Europe ensures that food is safe (eg through traceability)
- It protects farmers from excessive price volatility and from market crisis
- It helps them to invest in upgrading their farms
- It supports viable rural communities with a diversified economy
- creates and preserves jobs in the food industry
- protects the environment and animal's welfare.
For more information please visit www.europa.eu